Hope Rising

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Keep Me Honest in My Prayers

Hear my voice, O God, in my complaint; preserve my life from dread enemy. 
Psalm 64:1

We do not have to "dress up," either inwardly or outwardly, when we come to God in prayer.  We do not have to hide our anger, suppress our distress, or mask our irritability.  It is alright to complain to God.

PRAYER: I am so used to hiding the feelings and thoughts that others might find unacceptable, O God, that I even try to do it with You.  Keep me honest in my prayers.  You know how to deal with such as me: I do not fear Your rejection, and I hope in your salvation, even in Jesus Christ. Amen.


I have had some time to reflect, after a fast-paced season.  God has shown me how I've started (once again) coping with life by putting my mask on, and how it is spilling over into my relationship with him.  What was a jumble of thoughts in my mind was put into clear words by Eugene Peterson with this simple but profound prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment