Hope Rising

Monday, May 2, 2011

"I do not understand your ways, but you know the way for me..."

A prayer speaking to my heart after a sleepless night...
O God, early in the morning I cry to you.
Help me to pray and gather my thoughts to you, I cannot do it alone.
In me it is dark, but with you there is light;
I am lonely, but you do not desert me;
My courage fails me, but with you there is help;
I am restless, but with you there is peace;
In me there is bitterness, but with you there is patience;
I do not understand your ways, but you know the way for me.
Father in Heaven praise and thanks be to you for the night.

-Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Written in Tegel prison, Berlin
As much as God has done a healing work in me, there are some nights that are still very hard.  Last night was one of them...when my courage failed me, and my faith was weak.

In those times, I may struggle to praise Him, but I know that is what I must do...so this morning, I lift Him up again, with a thankful heart, knowing that my life is in His all-powerful, all-sufficient hands, believing that His plan for me is good.



***And here's hoping that 4 cups of coffee will be enough to get me through this day... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment