Hope Rising

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A new tradition...

The Celebration Candles 

The prayer said while lighting the two candles:
We praise you, O Lord our God, King of the Universe, who brings forth light out of darkness.

Jesus said, 'I am the light of the world.'

As these candles are lit, and give light to all in the room, light our lives with the great love of Your Son, Jesus.
Reading the story of Passover

 I wanted my son to have an understanding of who Jesus really is--a Jewish man, the Messiah.  This tradition will hopefully help him to have a deeper understanding of the Last Supper and the relation between Passover and Communion as well...it was a special evening.

The Seder plate

2 comments:

  1. wonderful tradition!
    perhaps i'm just noticing the Scripture at the top of your blog..not sure if that's always been there or not..probably so! anyway, a friend gave me that verse on a candle for Cmas...i had been dealing with lots of anxiety over uncertain days & she knew that...i made that verse "mine" for this year and printed it out for my mirror...it's helping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kimberly. The verse has always been there--it means a lot to me, too. :) Uncertainty is not something I enjoy (but something I'm experiencing too), so I keep hoping in Christ--can't imagine not having Him.

    ReplyDelete