Life is parallel blessings and difficulties for most of us--and I'm asking Him to help me focus on the many blessings He has given me, and deal with the inevitable hardships in a way that will honor Him. He IS good.
I'm going to be carrying these verses with me this year:
- You crown the year with Your good blessings, and You leave abundance in Your wake. (Psalm 65:11 The NET Bible) *
- The Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way you went until you came to this place. (Deut. 1:31)*
- I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord: be strong, and take heart, and wait for the Lord... (Psalm 27:13,14 NIV)
- Because of their shame, my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace, they will rejoice in their inheritance...and everlasting joy will be theirs...(Isaiah 61:7 NIV)
- Forget about what’s happened! Don’t keep going over old history. Be alert! Be present! I’m about to do something brand new. It’s bursting out. Don’t you see it? There it is! I’m making a road in the desert and rivers in the badlands. (Isaiah 43:18-19 The Message)*
*Some verses taken from Beth Moore's LPM Blog...good stuff about the New Year over there.