Hope Rising

Monday, January 31, 2011

Trusting in His Sovereignty...

*God is too wise not to know all about us, and what is really best for us. He is too good not to desire our highest good. If what He has appointed for us does not seem to us the best, or even to be good, we need to remember that He sees further than we do, and that we shall understand Him in time when His plans have unfolded themselves.
-Henry Parry Liddon from A.W. Tozer's book, "The Pursuit of God." 

Psalms 18:30-32  
(NLT) 
30 As for God, his way is perfect.  
All the LORD's promises prove true.  
He is a shield for all who look to him for protection. 
31 For who is God except the LORD?  
Who but our God is a solid rock? 
32 God arms me with strength;  
he has made my way safe.
 
1 Corinthians 2:9(NLT)
...No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
and no mind has imagined
what God has prepared
for those who love him.


As I begin to walk through a difficult matter this week and in the next few months, I would appreciate your prayers...for His promises to be proved true, for His blessing, and for His guidance.
  
 Trusting in His sovereignty,
(along with His faithfulness, goodness, and love), 
                                                                              Talena

*Recently read this quote again on Facebook, and copied it to my files...I can't remember which of my friends posted it, but thank you, whoever you are :).

2 comments:

  1. Talena, as I pray daily for our pastors and the staff, I will specifically bring your name to our Heavenly Father.
    I enjoyed our chat yesterday. It's amazing what God has done, and will continue to do in our lives.
    I admire you for many reasons.
    Blessings,
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Charlene--prayers are always appreciated! I love seeing what God is doing in your lives as a family :). He is good!

    ReplyDelete